The Clinton United Methodist Church (Clinton UMC) invites you to experience the Christmas Eve candlelight service of your choice on Tuesday, December 24, at 4:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. Join us, and others from our community, to celebrate Christ’s birth long ago in Bethlehem’s manger and the coming of Christ anew into our world today!
Here are some things to expect on Christmas Eve with Clinton UMC:
* Feel free to come as you are! You’ll find people dressed in everything from casual to formal.
* Come early, sip a warm cup of coffee or hot chocolate in the lobby, and then find your way into the sanctuary (our worship space) to enjoy the sights and sounds of the season before the service begins.
* Holy Communion will be offered before each service in the sanctuary (3:00 – 3:45 p.m. and 6:00 – 6:45 p.m.), and after each service in the Chapel which is just a few steps from the sanctuary entrance. As a United Methodist congregation, we practice open communion. Everyone is invited to share in Holy Communion with us.
* Each service will last about an hour and will include plenty of Christmas music including: singing Christmas carols, the Chancel Bell Choir and “8-hand” piano quartet at the 4:00 p.m. service, and the Chancel Concert Band and Chancel Choir at the 7:00 pm. service. The services will also include hearing the Christmas story and message, as well as a traditional ending with candle lighting and singing “Silent Night.”
* Children are welcome to be with their families in the Christmas Eve services at Clinton UMC. In addition, childcare for children up to age 5 will be available in the nursery just down the hall from the sanctuary entrance. For parents with younger children who might need to step out of the service for a few moments, the service can be heard in the lobby area.
We look forward to seeing you on Christmas Eve! For more information, contact the Clinton UMC office at 660-885-5597.
When special guests are coming for dinner, we usually go all out to prepare. The house gets a thorough clean, the dinner menu is planned with care, food preparation begins early in the day or even the day before, and the table is carefully set with the very best we have. It can be a lot of work, but it’s worth it for special dinner guests!
The days leading up to Christmas are just such a time! It’s the Advent season, a time to prepare for an extra special guest… Jesus Christ!
Join the Clinton United Methodist Church for Sunday worship, December 1 – December 22, at 8:15 or 10:30 a.m. and for our Advent sermon series called, “Setting The Table For The Savior.” Each Sunday we will look to the words of the Old Testament prophet Isaiah and discover ways to “set the table” of our lives for the coming of Christ anew! Our worship experiences will include music of the season, lighting the Advent candles, “Setting The Table For The Savior” sermons, and more. All of this will help prepare us to once again celebrate Christ’s birth, open our lives to how the living Christ comes to us here and now, and anticipate Christ’s return in final victory!
Click here to find out more about Sunday morning worship with the Clinton United Methodist Church. (http://www.clintonumc.net/worship)